14. # Read the instructions about observing ‘The rules of health’. Then answer the questions:
1. Observe the rules of health.
2. Get up early in the morning.
3. Do some exercise or go out for a walk.
4. Remember that along with balanced diet, some fruits are also necessary.
5. Enjoy a healthy life.
a. What will happen if you are not healthy?
b. Why should we observe the rules of health?
c. How do you maintain good health?
a. I will not enjoy life.
b. To enjoy the benefit of sound health.
c. I get up early, enjoy the morning air and eat a balanced diet. I also eat some fresh fruits and drink pure plain water daily.
15. # Read the instructions about ‘Making cool sherbet’ . Then answer the questions:
1. Pour 3 spoonfuls of fruit syrup in a glass.
2. Fill the glass with water or milk.
3. Stir the mix in the glass well with a spoon.
4. Put some crushed ice in the glass.
5. Take a long sip of cool sherbet and refresh yourself.
a. What do you need to make cool sherbet?
b. Why is ice needed to make sherbet?
c. How do you refresh yourself when you are tired?
a. Fruit syrup, water or milk and ice.
b. To make sherbet cool.
c. When I am tired, I refresh myself by taking a long sip of cool sherbet.
16. # Read the information about ‘A Hare and a Tortoise’. Then answer the questions:
1. A hare was very proud of his speed. Once he asked a tortoise for a race.
2. The race began. The hare knew the tortoise was very slow in running.
3. So the hare, after starting the race, thought he could sleep for a while. He really had a nap.
4. But when he woke up, he found that the tortoise had reached the finishing line.
a. What was the hare proud of?
b. Why did the hare take a nap?
c. How could the tortoise win the race?
a. His speed.
b. The hare knew the tortoise was very slow in running. So he thought he could sleep for a while.
c. The tortoise was very slow in running. So it did not stop for a while. The hare had a nap but the tortoise continued running. He won the race.
17. # Read the instructions about ‘Keeping books in order’. Then answer the questions:
1. Make a complete book list.
2. Arrange the books as per subject.
3. Place all types of Bangla books in the right side of the table and then all types of English books.
4. Keep various references and aiding books like dictionary at the left side.
5. Clean your books everyday with a duster.
a. What do you need to find the book easily?
b. Why should you arrange the books?
c. How do you arrange your books?
a. Good arrangements of the books.
b. To get the necessary books easily without wasting time.
c. First I make a book list and then I arrange them as per subject. I set Bangla and English books at the right side and reference books at the left side.
ইকবাল খান, প্রভাষক, বীরশ্রেষ্ঠ মুন্সী আব্দুর রউফ পাবলিক কলেজ, ঢাকা